Exciting exciting times. I am less than two weeks away from the target harvest date, so I started flushing my plants. Both of the Blue Dreams (pictured above), and the two White Widows behind them are getting ready to be harvested. I cut out all the nutrients, and for the last 2 weeks of the flowering time. I will only be watering them. The purpose of this flush is to wash out any excess nutrients and chemicals from the soil and the plants. Proper flushing insures that my flowers will not have any chemical or nutrient residue, and therefore will not have any weird taste. A properly flushed plant will produce the cleanest, most pure form of marijuana. When flushing your plants, especially the ones growing in soil, make sure to give them plenty of water, to have some runoff.
Okay okay folks, trying to bring a little variety to my stoner life. Just planted two brand new strains. The first one is the “Blue God” from Jordan of the Islands (Vancouver based breeder). The second one is a feminized version of the “Cherry Bomb”, from Bomb Seeds. Both are Indica dominant hybrids. I have to stick with the indicas because I am very limited on space, and I have to keep my plants short and bushy. Both strains boast a high THC content, and should be heavy yielders. I am particularly excited about this Cherry Bomb.
Day 17 of flowering for my “White Widow” and “Blue Dream“. The girls are really stretching. I had to raise the lights several times already. Good thing I got the adjustable height on my chains. Looking very well. Buds are developing very nicely. The girls are getting a bit bushy, and need to get defoliated, so I’m thinking I will do a little bit of the defoliation tomorrow.
Monday, January 7th, 2019 – Day 1 of flowering for “Blue Dream” and “White Widow”.
The Topps all turned up towards the light, and they’re looking very healthy.
My girls are over growing the vegetative section of my tent, so I am flipping them to flowering mode. I have two White Widows and two Blue Dreams going into the flowering today. Today is day zero, stay tuned for more updates.
Great news! The Clones that I took a couple of weeks ago are now routing in their new pots. They are doing great. I am starting to notice a lot of new growth at the top. I was a little worried in the beginning, that the Clones would not come up as fast, because they were cut from the plant that was in the late stages of flowering. And yes, they did take a little bit of extra time to acclimate. But they are sprouting new growth, and I am very proud. This time around, I do have a 100% success rate with the cloning procedure. The EZ-cloner was money well spent.
It it is the 71 of flowering for “White Widow”, “QPB” and the “Channel”. The big news, the qpb was harvested. I decided to cut her down a little bit early, because the leaves were yellowing and she looked like she was ready. I have been flushing her for over a week, so she should be good to go.
Thethe “White Widow” and the “Channel” are now being flushed. They should be ready to go in about a week or so.