#marijuana #cannabis #weed #Top5 #legal
Here are my Top 5 reasons that I prefer marijuana to other legal substances. And when I say other legal substances, I mean alcohol and tobacco, as well as some strong prescription medication that seems to be available to everyone nowadays.
- No Overdoses – Seriously. NO cases of overdosing on marijuana has EVER been reported. Unlike the constant flow of news we hear about people overdosing on prescription meds and alcohol.
- Does not prompt violent behavior – This is something that is often overlooked, but it is an important part of the whole “drugs are bad” campaign. Unlike other drugs (or alcohol), weed does not prompt aggressive behavior. You never heard of any stoner getting blazed and beating his wife to death. Or smoking a joint and committing an armed robbery or assault. Pot smokers are known for their pacifism, and usually do not get into fights. The most damage a stoned person can do is destroy the leftovers of last nights dinner in the fridge. A condition often referred to as “The Munchies”.
- Does not increase the risk of a motor vehicle accident – I know some police officers might argue with me on this one, but the numbers do not lie. According the the Colorado’s Department of Motor Vehicles 2017 report, there were no noticeable changes in the amount of car crashes or accidents since the state has legalized marijuana for recreational purposes a few years ago. And speaking from personal experience, as a drivers that has been driving high for the last 20 years, I would say it is much safer then alcohol or any kind of prescription drugs.
- All natural with no additives – This is especially relevant in the recent years with the increase of use of synthetic drugs. Basically, I am all about transparency and open research, but when your drugs come in a form of a pill or tablet, you never really know what is in there. With cannabis it is simple, especially if you grow your own, you know exactly what went in there. And with the legalization of medicinal marijuana in my very own state of Ohio, you can be sure that the medicine you’re getting is of the highest quality.
- Known healing properties – After doing a little research on the internet, I found multiple accounts of people using cannabis extracts to treat medical conditions with even more success then the doctor prescribed medication.