Both of my seeds came up, and are looking lovely. So, I figured I would give you some basic info on the strain. I was looking for something sweet and great tasting for some variety, and I decided that the Cherry Bomb from Bomb Seeds is the way to go. Cherry Bomb is a Indica-dominant Hybrid, developed by Bomb Seeds by crossing they’re monster yielding Big Bomb with a unique and fruity Cherry variety. Because it is an Indica dominant, the plants grow short and bushy, and stay at a low to medium height, which is just perfect for my small space. The THC content is extremely high around 25%. I am not sure what the CBD content is exactly. The yield is also high. It can be grown indoor or outdoor. Indoors it will take 8 to 10 weeks to flower. Outdoor the harvest comes in late September early October. Because of its Indica genes, the effect is couch locking and relaxing, very sedating.
So about this Grease Monkey. I am not 100% sure what the origins of the genetics are on this particular one, I was not able to find it in any of the major seed banks. (Although I have to be honest with you I wasn’t looking very hard). I was first introduced to this particular strain by my Michigan connection, and immediately recognized a future or maybe even a past Cannabis Cup winner. (It would be awesome if it was like a 1990s Cannabis Cup winner).
The first thing you notice when you pick up a bag of this crazy chronic is the unique coloration. The color is very pale pinkish purple with some frosty tan hues. There are some very purple looking buds every now and again. And you can often find purple and pink and white mixed like a swirl. It’s crazy looking. Exotic even.
The second thing you notice is the very unique taste. Thin, fruity, almost sour like, and definitely one of a kind. Does not leave a nasty after taste like some of the other hybrids. (I’m assuming that it’s a hybrid because you get a very uplifting head high in addition to the body couch-lock buzz)
The last thing you notice is the incredibly strong buzz. The high is strong and almost narcotic. The effects are relaxing and very couch locking. Although creativity has been known to spike while smoking this incredible dank.
It also helps that this particular strain has an incredibly high THC and CBD levels. So yeah it gets you fucked up. For real! This is an excellent candidate for medicinal marijuana patients, and because of the high CBD content it is great for extracting oils and concentrates.
This particular strain is in my Top 5 for the best tasting list, and my Top 5 most potent list. And for good reasons. I am hoping to eventually get a clone from my Michigan people.
People have been asking me what are my favorite strains to smoke, and I always answer with a question: “Do you mean the most potent? Or the most tastiest?”. If we are talking about my favorite to smoke, then the tastiest would have preference. So I have compiled a list of my Top 5 most tastiest strains of marijuana.
My Top 5 Most Tastiest Marijuana Strains
- Blue Dream – I just recently tried the blue dream, but it is by far the tastiest strain of cannabis I have ever tried!! Ever. It is sweet and fruity and light and has a unique taste, not to mention a unique uplifting High.
- Grease Monkey – This is another recent edition to the Top 5 most tasty list. My Michigan connection grows this organically, and it is top-notch genetics. Winner of some big awards. Has a very rare pinkish purple coloration, and a very unique taste. Incredibly high in THC and CBD levels.
- Girl Scout Cookies – A long-time favorite of mine. I fell in love with this in college, and when some top shelf weed started coming around on the regular basis, I had a chance to taste a wide variety of prize winning marijuana. Girl Scout Cookies are very tasty !!
- Cherry Bomb – This is some of those English, or better yet Great Britain’s genetics. Super sweet hybrid with distinct red and orange coloring and intense, overwhelming sweet taste.
- Cookies Kush – This is also a recent discovery. I got an onion of this to try with my regular order, and was pleasantly surprised of the quality and taste. Reminded me of Blue Dream, but a totally different kind of high.