#marijuana #cannabis #weed #Top5 #legal
Here are my Top 5 reasons that I prefer marijuana to other legal substances. And when I say other legal substances, I mean alcohol and tobacco, as well as some strong prescription medication that seems to be available to everyone nowadays.
- No Overdoses – Seriously. NO cases of overdosing on marijuana has EVER been reported. Unlike the constant flow of news we hear about people overdosing on prescription meds and alcohol.
- Does not prompt violent behavior – This is something that is often overlooked, but it is an important part of the whole “drugs are bad” campaign. Unlike other drugs (or alcohol), weed does not prompt aggressive behavior. You never heard of any stoner getting blazed and beating his wife to death. Or smoking a joint and committing an armed robbery or assault. Pot smokers are known for their pacifism, and usually do not get into fights. The most damage a stoned person can do is destroy the leftovers of last nights dinner in the fridge. A condition often referred to as “The Munchies”.
- Does not increase the risk of a motor vehicle accident – I know some police officers might argue with me on this one, but the numbers do not lie. According the the Colorado’s Department of Motor Vehicles 2017 report, there were no noticeable changes in the amount of car crashes or accidents since the state has legalized marijuana for recreational purposes a few years ago. And speaking from personal experience, as a drivers that has been driving high for the last 20 years, I would say it is much safer then alcohol or any kind of prescription drugs.
- All natural with no additives – This is especially relevant in the recent years with the increase of use of synthetic drugs. Basically, I am all about transparency and open research, but when your drugs come in a form of a pill or tablet, you never really know what is in there. With cannabis it is simple, especially if you grow your own, you know exactly what went in there. And with the legalization of medicinal marijuana in my very own state of Ohio, you can be sure that the medicine you’re getting is of the highest quality.
- Known healing properties – After doing a little research on the internet, I found multiple accounts of people using cannabis extracts to treat medical conditions with even more success then the doctor prescribed medication.
People have been asking me what are my favorite strains to smoke, and I always answer with a question: “Do you mean the most potent? Or the most tastiest?”. If we are talking about my favorite to smoke, then the tastiest would have preference. So I have compiled a list of my Top 5 most tastiest strains of marijuana.
My Top 5 Most Tastiest Marijuana Strains
- Blue Dream – I just recently tried the blue dream, but it is by far the tastiest strain of cannabis I have ever tried!! Ever. It is sweet and fruity and light and has a unique taste, not to mention a unique uplifting High.
- Grease Monkey – This is another recent edition to the Top 5 most tasty list. My Michigan connection grows this organically, and it is top-notch genetics. Winner of some big awards. Has a very rare pinkish purple coloration, and a very unique taste. Incredibly high in THC and CBD levels.
- Girl Scout Cookies – A long-time favorite of mine. I fell in love with this in college, and when some top shelf weed started coming around on the regular basis, I had a chance to taste a wide variety of prize winning marijuana. Girl Scout Cookies are very tasty !!
- Cherry Bomb – This is some of those English, or better yet Great Britain’s genetics. Super sweet hybrid with distinct red and orange coloring and intense, overwhelming sweet taste.
- Cookies Kush – This is also a recent discovery. I got an onion of this to try with my regular order, and was pleasantly surprised of the quality and taste. Reminded me of Blue Dream, but a totally different kind of high.
Ohh, you know how I really like tasty weed. Well this is definitely one for the tasty column. Introducing: Cookies Kush ! This delicious marijuana strain comes from crossing an award winning “Girl Scout Cookies” with an award winning “Rolex OG Kush“. The result is a hard hitting Indica with a great, sweet taste, and big dense buds.
I have to be honest, this is definitely in the top 5 on my Tastiest List. Don’t get me wrong, this is NO Blue Dream. But it’s pretty damn close. This amazing strain is a true Indica. It took 1st Prize Cannabis Cup HTCC 2014 in Amsterdam, so you know it is the cream of the crop. It sports a fairly high 24% THC level, and a 1.2% CBD level, which makes it an ideal candidate for medicinal uses.
The flowers themselves have top shelf bag appeal. Buds are dense and coated with a generous layer of trichomes. The coloring is light green with traces of white and orange. The taste is sweet, chocolaty with a small whiff of mint.
Available from Barneys Farm.